Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cakes and cake decorating....

              There is a very good inspiration behind this new hobby. One of my colleagues is the best cake decorator in melbourne. She puts her cake in competitions for every shows and wins.She has a business decorating cakes for functions. So when I get to work the main thing I get to talk about is cake. Thats how cakes went into my head. And one day I got the opportunity to go to her house and see how she does all that. I even had a chance to decorate my own cake and take home.
              This is the foot baller sitting with the ball... Did you notice that the footballer has only one hand? That is my small ones work. Its all made of edible sugar, By the time i went to get my camera,he snatched the man's hand and started eating.

 This is newest of all hobbies I have thats why I wanted to post this before it fades.
              
                This is a marble cake covered with chocolate butter cream. And butter cream icing around it.How's that... Ameture .............Isnt it?

Here is a nice cake decorating tools from amazon

                  Norpro 8 Piece Cake Decorating Set

4 comments:

  1. Jayasree
    wonderful...You had changed into a lovely homemaker with all the skills....thanking you for sharing such lovely moments of yr life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashwathi.... You are my guru.. From PCB designing up to this.... I dont know what can I give you as guru dekhina.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you manage to write the words? Do add the recipes and the problems you encountered during the making

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is that???? And I tell you its not very easy to write words in that......

    ReplyDelete